░░░░░░░░░░░Amsterdam, 2006-2009░░░░░░░░░░░░░

Welcome! This is the research blog for MachinimaBits festival. On this blog I put all the interesting sources and works I found during the creation of the lineup of the festival.

Unfortunately the second festival (2009 issue) was cancelled because the venue decided (without consultation) to calculate a (quite high) entrance fee, which we only found out about on the website. We (the curators + artists) make nothing and want to keep this a free festival.
I decided to not follow through and keep the research for a later time

Friday, January 2, 2009

Code visualizations

Both up for sale

Seeing the operation of code in Atari 2600 games. This is a dual reprise of my dismap and mariosoup pieces that look at the code of cartridge games, and how the graphics are mixed in

Ben Fry website

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░


this was an early attempt to track bot movement and visualise it. The colour was added in a later process, this data was run through the system alot!

All artworks have been created using data from the game "Unreal Tournament". Each image represents about 30 mins of gameplay in which the computers AI plays against itself. There are 20-25 bots playing each game and they play custom maps which I create. Each map has been specially designed so that the AI bots have a rough idea of where to go in order to create the image I want. I log the position (X,Y,Z) of each bot, every second using a modification for the game, I also log the position of a death. I then run my own program written in Processing to create printable postscript files of that match.
Alisons Website

No comments: